Monday, March 31, 2008

Roast Duck Rice...

Apparently there are two kinds of duck rice in Singapore.

Roast Duck Rice and Braised Duck rice.

The way to differentiate both is very easy. Just look at the sign! So obvious huh? But if you can't read the sign, it's still very easy. Braised duck skin would be slightly wet look and light brown. While roast duck skin would seemed oily and from the look of it, crispy.

For me, I prefer the roast duck with crispy skin. A little warning though: Duck contains high level of cholesterol. It's nice. But do have it with thought to spare. Or if you insist on having a lot of duck rice, I can sell you a nice and cheap critical illness policy.



The avocado Juice however, is not the one you can find in some Indonesian restaurant here. It's kinda mixed with milk and tastes like avocado ice cream. And I can't even taste the avocado. But the shopkeeper is a very kind tomboy who calls everyone 'brother'. Need to give my thumbs up for the good service.

Anyway it's somewhere in Alexandra Village. Get a catch there. It's great. Just writing this I already dreamed of the crispy skin again... sigh.

1 comment:

Stanley said...

Duck rice is awesome =) Although I've not tried the Singapore one yet.